There are two things I really like about receiving Blog Awards:
1) Discovering blogs out there of people who read me and I had no idea they existed (sorry, but it’s true; I don’t have time for everyone). In this case, Rebecca at Just One More Page
who gave me the Butterfly Award.
Here are the rules if you would like to participate:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.
I’ll get to the awardees part in a minute.
2) Is the compliments paid when administering the awards. I’m cool! I’m the “antithesis of ethnocentrism” as declared by softdrink, in giving out the Kreativ Blogger award.
Here are the rules for this one:
- Mention the blog that gave it to you.
- Comment on her blog to let her know you have posted the award.
- Share 6 values that are important to you.
- Share 6 things you do not support.
- Share the love with six other wonderful blogging friends.
Things I do NOT like about Blog Awards:
1) Jumping through the hoops. But it’s not a strong dislike, so here I go.
Values that are important to me:
- good story telling (not sure if it’s a value, but it is important to me)
Things I do not support (they didn’t say it had to be values…):
- kids screaming at each other
- taking offense
- demeaning women
2) Coming up with lists of bloggers who haven’t received them. There are so many that I always feel like I’m leaving someone out. And even when I try to highlight new blogs, I feel like I’m shortchanging my bloggy friends I’ve known for a longer time. See that list over there on the right? I think they’re all cool, they’re all creative, they’re all worth reading. Which is why I link to them. So… if you’re on that roll (you can check, if you like), and you haven’t gotten either one of these awards, consider yourself having recieved it.
Yes, I know that’s a cop-out.
Ah, well. But now I’ve pacified the blog awards gods, and can go back to my reading.