I’m at a loss for words, amazingly enough. I am honored, thrilled, excited, amazed, and completely tickled to be a part of the Middle Grade Fiction Books panel again this year. And I’m also excited because it’s a great panel of bloggers, many of whom I’ve worked with before and the few that I don’t I’m excited to get to know.
Panel Organizer: Kerry Millar, Shelf Elf
Panelists (Round I Judges):
Ashley Bair and Alysa Stewart, Everead
Jennifer Donovan, 5 Minutes for Books
Sherry Early, Semicolon
Melissa Fox, Book Nut
Kyle Kimmal, The Boy Reader
Sandra Stiles, Musings of a Book Addict
Cheryl Vanatti, Reading Rumpus
Judges (Round II):
(The following is stolen shamelessly from Natasha at Maw Books because it’s so thorough, and therefore, awesome):
- Subscribe to the Cybils feed.
- Follow @cybils on Twitter
- Get some Cybils bling for your blog if you have one.
- Buy Cybils bling for your home or office.
- Spread the word! Particularly if you are a librarian or a teacher – get the Cybils into your schools & libraries!
- Beginning October 1st and ending October 15th- NOMINATE your favorite book published in the last year in nine different categories. Titles must be published from Oct. 16, 2009 and Oct. 15, 2010. Books must be published in English or bilingual with English. Only one nomination per genre per person. ANYBODY can nominate a title.
- Easy Readers and Short Chapter Book
- Fantasy and Science Fiction
- Fiction Picture Books
- Graphic Novels
- Middle Grade Fiction
- Nonfiction Picture Books
- Nonfiction for Middle Grade and Teens
- Young Adult Fiction
- And last – get excited! Follow the nominations, read your favorites, make predictions, and check in when the shortlists and winners are announced.
Dates to Remember
- October 1-15th: Nominations open to the public
- New Year’s Day: Short Lists announced
- St. Valentines Day: Finalists announced
I love this time of year!