Okay, enough of YA angst… moving on to a meme I saw at Bookworm 4 Life (since I’m in the middle of two books, and I don’t think they’ll be done before tomorrow…):
1.If you don’t frequent your local library, why not?
Why wouldn’t one frequent your local library? Really?
2. If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
Once a week. Usually on the same day, too. (Tuesdays in the summer, Wednesdays in the fall and winter — so we can go to storytime.)
3. Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
I head towards the kids section first, since I usually go with the kids. I peruse the new books, and then hit the other shelves looking for books in there. From there, we hit the movies, and then the teen section. Any other books I pick up are ones I’ve put on hold.
4. How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
I’m actually not sure how many books I can have out at one time. I do know there’s a limit on DVDs/VHSs (eight), but as for books… I don’t know. Currently, I have 30 books and 6 movies out.
5. How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
6. How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
Only one time, and only if there’s not a hold on it (I’m sure I’ve killed many people’s renewals by putting holds on books…). Sigh. But it’s for another two weeks, so you can have the book up to 6 weeks.
7. What do you love best about your particular library?
8. What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
Right now, it’s processing books faster… they still haven’t gotten Catching Fire processed. (I’m suspicious that it’s because all the librarians are reading it first…)
9. Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
Online catalog. I LOVE the online catalog.
10. Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?
Hmmm… I’m sure there have been, but honestly, can’t think of one right now.