2. I recycle, wear Birkenstocks, bike (not as often as I should), do yoga, don’t watch (much) TV, garden, and home-can, and yet I don’t think of myself as counter-culture.
3. I’ve been a member of the same church my whole life. (No, we’re not polygamists. Yes, I dance. Those are the answers to the two most common questions.)
4. Our honeymoon was in San Francisco, and yet we did not fly there. Instead, we chose to drive across Nevada (in a red mustang convertible). It about killed the marriage right there.
5. I had two miscarriages between C and A, and that’s why they’re nearly 4 years apart. (Maybe that’s overshare??)
6. Though I joke about it, I’m actually looking forward to planning four weddings. I even want to do the cakes.
The 123 Meme
I don’t think this meme ever died; it’s been making the rounds for over a year now… The rules (to refresh your memory): Go to page 123 of the nearest book, find the fifth sentence, and post the next three sentences. Then post a comment on the blog of the person two steps up the chain (so if I tag you, you would leave a link to your post on Julie’s blog).
From The Crystal Cave, by Mary Stewart:
“The bay was very quiet, almost as if the frost of the past weeks had held it icebound, then, a place line under the darkness, you could see the gap between the far headlands where the wide sea whitened. To the right — the south — the black forest climbed to a ridge, while toe the north, where the land was gentler, the big trees gave shelter. A perfect harbour, you would have thought, until you saw how shallow it was, how at low tide the shapes of rock and boulder stuck black out of the water, shiny in the starlight with weed.”